Tuesday, November 16, 2010



 This assignment was to choose a logo and redesign it in a completely new way. I decided to redo the Virgin Records logo. I decided to keep the bright red and keep the text just saying "Virgin," that way it would still be recognizable as the Virgin Records logo. I wanted to change the font for sure and I also decided I wasn't a huge fan of the circle, but I did like the swoosh-like underline. I decided to get rid of all the things I didn't like and incorporate all the things I did like into a brand new logo. Using Adobe Illustrator, I tried many different ways of redesigning it until I had created one I was proud of. For this one (the one shown above), I actually had to go to www.dafont.com where I searched for a font that I liked. When I found one, I downloaded it and made a design around it. I decided to keep the text in black, but have a swoosh-like underline in red underneath the text (hopefully it doesn't look to much like a vampire slayer's logo...I promise the underline is not drawn in blood...). In general, this was a great project and it really helped to expand my knowledge of Adobe Illustrator. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment